0

Recently, I ran across a problem with my iPad 2 that I had not experienced before: not being able to connect to a wireless network! I’ve had my iPad 2 since it first came out and haven’t had a single issue with it yet! It’s the best gadget I have ever owned. Anyway, I setup a new wireless network in my house and I was trying to connect but kept getting the message:
Unable to join the network [network name]
I made sure that I had the latest firmware installed on my iPad 2, which is currently 4.3.5. I went ahead and also tested connecting to the new wireless network using a laptop and it worked just fine. So there was definitely not a problem with the router.
My first thought was that the iPad 2 could not connect because I had setup the security to WPA2-PSK with AES encryption. I went ahead and quickly changed the security on my wireless router to WPA with TKIP and the iPad 2 connected!! That was great, but I was still surprised that the iPad 2 would not support WPA2.
After doing some research, I figured out that the iPad 2 does indeed support WPA2 and TKIP/AES encryption. So I changed the security on the wireless router back, but still could not connect! Frustrating to say the least!
After a while, I decided to try and reset all the settings. I eventually found an option to reset the network settings only. After resetting the network settings, I was able to connect my iPad 2 to the WPA2-PSK AES network! Not sure why I had to reset the settings, but for whatever reason, it did the trick.
You can do this on your iPad 2 by first going to Settings and then clicking on General.
Ipad 2 network settings
Scroll all the way to the bottom and you will see an option called Reset. Tap on this and you will see the following options:
Ipad 2 reset network settings
Go ahead and tap the Reset Network Settings option and you should be good to go! Turn on your Wi-Fi again and try to connect to the problem wireless network. Hopefully you will be able to connect now without any issues.

Post a Comment

 
Top